When will this stop, why do we have a Sunni Ramadhan, and 1, 2, sometimes even 3 days Later there is a Shia Ramadhan!!
Same thing Goes for Eid, and Eid Al-Ath'ha, and so on, why is it that the only thing we agree on is Moharam!!
Why do we follow Iran and Saudi, while we can Have a Bahrain Committee from all sects, that forms every end of the month on Jabal Al-Dakhan, start some puff puff give on a sheesha, chill, then decide if its the beginning of the month or not, and for once, we can have one Eid or one ramadhan.
the only good thing about this is the low traffic jams on the first of eid.
I know its silly, I just Had to vent shway.
6 comments:
libya celebrated ramadan yesterday
Think of it this way: we get not one, but TWO celebrations in everything, it is like the country being on a permanent high; finish one celebration and enter in the next directly after!
I used to think of it like you, a "unity" thing, until I thought about it and got to the conclusion that we shouldn't really care. So what if there are two Eids? So what if our neighbour decides to start fasting today and our other neighbour does it tomorrow? It's up to them and we shouldn't judge. I prescribe to the ideology of science: if it says that it's today then I adjust my calendar for today and to each their own.
Them deciding on a different day should not make me unhappy, but I would just accept them as they are as it is their belief that they are correct, and who knows, when the chips are down either side might be more correct than the other.
The end result in this whole thing is that you do your duty and allow others to do it as they see fit. And if that means double Eids, well so what, it's not like the crops will fail and the sky will explode!
I wish you a fulfilling Ramadhan, regardless of when you decide to start and end it.
when members of one family don't meet for eid, its not as simple as you said it Mahmood.
I don't understand it either. It seems all a bit silly. The only thing we agree on is to disagree. Sometimes its seems that its all just to be different.
But live and let live, I am fine with whenever someone decides to fast or not fast and when they celebrate or if they chose not to. No fuss, just more time to party.
Growing up, I do go to one granny's house and a day after it was first day all over again and I'd go to the other. It was alot of fun, yet another way to further divide.
Blessed Ramadan everyone!
It's clearly stated in a Hadeeth that you should start fasting when you see the moon of Ramadan and stop it when you see the moon of Shawwal.
SO, please dont make it a big issue. it's as simple as that. It has become our problem that we chose to fight over minor issues and forget the true jest of Ramadan and Fasting.
think of it this way; you can fast with the people who start fasting last, and accept eid with those who celebrate it first.
Post a Comment