Feb 19, 2008

Bahrain air, my experience

Photobucket



Last weekend I decided to surprise wifey with a visit for valentines, and I would usually take the trip to Doha with Qatar airlines, but I thought of trying something cheaper this time, and hell, its only a 20 min flight so how bad would it really be, I think I have to say that the price deference between Gulf air-Qataria and Bahrain air is Huge, the later was BD 45, while the others are anywhere between 80 and 154. So I called the call center, and asked about flight times and prices and so forth, they were very helpful, they took my details, booked me a seat and then asked me to go and pick up my ticket from the office in Yateem center which is a 5 minute walk from my office; the office experience however wasn’t as pleasant, it was packed and the guys their were as slow as a snail, but I hope this gets fixed with time.

Now, the important part of the flight isn’t the booking as much as it’s the flight, and punctuality of arrival and departure, and this is the part I was very happy with, we took off on time, landed on time both ways, I had the worst experience with GF and QA in that; the seating is not less than any other GCC based Airlines Economy class, its 32”, and that’s what you would expect for BD 45, the crew are nice and neat, helpful, and just do their job with a smile, nothing too special, but not BAD.

So Bahrain Air works, and exactly does what it should do, they provide a cheap and punctual flight, nothing more nothing less, it is a Discount airline and that’s what they should be doing, I actually think I will be flying with them to any GCC destination from now on and I do that a lot, I also recommend them for any one who just wants to arrive on time and travel smart rather than get pampered and be late.

Bahrain air, I Salute you and wish you the Best of Luck, this is something that you have to keep, and not lose the good service with time, it is good to see the name Bahrain associated with a product the suggests value rather thanjust a hollow image.

PS. just change those hideous leather seats.

5 comments:

Redbelt said...

So, since they are Bahraini, how long do you give them before they turn sour?
We are Bahraini people, turning good things into bad is our tradition dammit!

Ammaro said...

no e-ticket?

Eyad said...

Redblet, I really hope they dont go where Al-Jazeera went, only time will tell.

Ammar, they do have online booking, but I didnt try that.

Redbelt said...

Actually, Aljazeera wasn't half bad.
Sure they delayed our flight, and mixed up me seat with another, but it was better than gulf air by mailes.
In gulf air, the curtains werent screwed, the serving trays broken and open up the minute the guy in front leans back and the whole airplane actually shakes like a blender giving birth on take off and landing.
Its scary I tell you!
Aljazeera is much better thanks.
If Bahrain air is even better than this, good for us.

Anonymous said...

Great writeup dude, i was thinking of trying it but was looking for a similar review. Thanks.