this is Just an Idea for my angry Bahraini people, lets start a campaign to stop the retirement plan of the MP's all of them, even those who are no longer MP's, I think this should be a nice wake up call for those asshats, I mean, how can they have a good solid, guaranteed plan while every other Bahraini suffers from the current situation, isn't this the voters money they should be protecting!!
shouldn't they at least achieve something before they deserve to be treated differently, and this is the last thing they need, I think the 5 digit annual income, the 20k+ car, and what ever else they get just for being the voice of the people.
I believe that one should get payed for doing his job, not for the embarrassing performance on all levels.
your thoughts.
Disclamer:
AssHat means:"A general term for someone who carries out actions with such stupidity that they might as well wear their ass as a hat.
Pete begins looking for his sunglasses, unknowing to the fact that they are on his head. He asks Ed where his glasses are. Ed takes them off his head saying, "You are such a fucking ass-hat."
12 comments:
yes. please.
give them some sort of criteria to fulfil before recieving any benefits besides just sitting and complaining and flaming each other and the ministers. its basically a free ticket right now.
new favorite word of the day: "ass-hat"
Let's talk sense here guys; this is Bahrain, how much can we really achieve! No petitions nor protests would do any good.
We can talk all we want here, but rest assured all they want will be passed over there, after all.. our so-called "opposition" went into the parliament for nothing more than "damage contamination" did they not?
I am honestly losing hope!
Nice post btw ;)
@moodz, this is what I can do and I will do it, things have to change or we are turning into the New India minus the good education.
the MP's suck at their Job, we all know that and we need to act and do something, their foolish actions will effect all of us and our children.
And what opposition are you talking about? Al-Wifaq ?
Ha Ha Ha, thats not my view of opposition, and all what they did is made sure they get a piece of the pie, and lose the peoples trust.
when Ebrahim Sharif and the people of that caliber get on the Hot Seat, then we will have a real hope of opposition, but a Party like a Al-Wifaq that did nothing but turn into a Yes man party I'm not interested in.
eyad, you're just wasting your time.
even if you gather 1 million signature, person, DNA sample or even purple aliens, there won't be any response.
I think AssGa7feya will be relevant.
thats the sad part mohamed.
How would that campaign go??
forgive my ignorance. but if by "retirement plan" you're talking about the whole bundle of salary/car/benifits, then wouldnt talking all that away make their position much less than a real job "they do entertain us, at least".
I think that decreasing the value of the bundle MPs get so that it would be around average salary pay in bahrain would remove incentive for "high rider"s to quite their current jobs and attempt to get easy money.
There are different ways this could become a system where the longer you are in the position and more popular you are with people of your errr area "ya3ni you're doing your job properly", the more you are rewarded.
There is always room for manipulating the system to fill up their pockets, but maybe something like what's mentioned above might seal the holes a little better.
I'm interested to see how many people will run for the position when all the extra preps are gone :P
Peace
Jay, you kind of got it all mixed up my friend, what I'm talking abut is any benefits they receive when there term is over, for now at least, it should by like a contract, when it ends, it ends.
any to be quote Honest, any one who is interested in being an MP to improve his income or his social image, is not the person who should represent us in a great chance to fix something in this country.
Yeah I knew i'd probably get the idea wrong xD, sorry about that.
what sorts of benifits do they get after their term is done??
And I totally agree with you on what you said about how being an MP shouldnt be about income or social image, yet I'm guessing there are people who run for the position exactly for those reasons.
Eyad dear,
let go of the retierment plan and try to stop the FIVE MILLION DINAR PARLIMENT SATTILITE CHANNEL.
(100% emarrassing shit, 24 hours a day!).
Or may be they do want us to be busy with something else? Ah, the evils of politics. Like fresh smog in the morning.
But seriously, that TV station is horrifying and stupid.
@Jay, when the term is done, they will still get very generous salary's, and thats wrong, not really wrong but you get rewarded when you do a good job, not when you suck at it.
@red belt, thats a good one too, BLOG about it.
So you're saying they should reach some kind of benchmark so they would have earned the retirement plan. How would you go deciding that benchmark? and how would you rate their performance?
The number of projects attempted or achieved? A survey given to the people? an increase in GDP ? any ideas??
@Jay, it is more complicated than that, but there are a few things you can benchmark to, the first thing would be their campaigns, don't you think?
and then you can look at what they achieved.
when was the last time you checked Mohamed Khalid's website? please look at his achievements, I would rather be stabbed than be that useless.
Post a Comment