Nov 3, 2007

The Sound of Pain.

Since last Tuesday and every waking hour of my life have been a nightmare, or at least thats what I thought, you see I had the have 3 wisdom teeth pulled out of my mouth, which means they had to be removed from my scull as well.

the pain have been quite stable thanks to a high dose of pain killers givin to me by my dentist of course, there was pain, but the kind that you can distract your self from, and be normal, but yesterday morning I couldn't help but think that I have been practically living on pain killers and antibiotics the past 4 days and the last real meal I've had was lunch last Monday!!

for the fear of side effects I decided to stop the pain killers yesterday morning, and I think I recognized when ever milligram of those painkillers lost effect, by noon I was unable to talk or even think, I looked my room's door and wasted some time on youtube, it started to get much hard to distract my self from the pain and gradually I couldn't even think of anything else until I'm not sure if I fainted or went to sleep.

I woke up at around 7 defend by the sound of a beet, the beat was coming from my jaw, exactly where my teeth were, it keeps beating and beating in the same very painful rhythm, and it never stopped for a second or even skipped one beat, until right around midnight, I really thought I was cured and thats it, no more pain and its only a matter of days and my face will return to the last shape it was, but I was wrong, I think my body failed to recognize how much in pain I was for about ten minutes, and then I started to hear a very high pitch whistle in my ears, the pain transformed from my mouth to m face, but its didn't bother me as much as that annoying whistle in my ears, 9 am today I decided I'd rather die and took the damn pills.

4 comments:

June said...

Good God! Sounds like absolute mayhem going on in your mouth. Definitely out of the question for me then.

Feel better :)

bint battuta said...

You poor thing! I've had root canal work before, but this sounds like a whole new level of pain... We missed you at the gathering this morning! Get well soon...

Ammaro said...

haha, daaamn dude, tough luck! 3 at once?

i got on taken out last year, 7ada ma2saaaa... i got a week off work. anyway, the day after the operation i got in the car and drove all the way to kuwait for a change of scenery, with my cheek the size of a football.

thank you iBrufen. couldnt have done it without you

Um Naief said...

what dentist are you seeing that gives you pain killers? i've noticed that many that i've seen don't give anything but over the counter crap.

i had a root canal last year and thought i'd die from the pain, and the dentist, stupid SOB, gave me nothing.

hope the pain is better. having your wisdom teeth taken out can cause a lot of problems.